Monday, August 30, 2010

Plasma

I made some progress on the shell yesterday, but I'll post pics when I'm a little further along. For now, though...the plasma ball arrived today! So, I got to work on that immediately.



There's a gap in the molding at the bottom, but I'd planned on covering the seam with something anyway. Not sure what yet; I'll know it when I see it, I guess. I think it turned out pretty well. It kind of amazes me how much this thing is starting to look like my model. Just goes to show how a carefully planned project turns out better for me than my usual approach (making it up as I go based on a loose idea).



A fun shot of the ball in the dark, manipulated a bit. It actually looks even cooler than that. ;-)

I decided to stick Gnome on this machine instead of KDE; the latter is just too much of a hog, and buggier than the last time I used it. Gnome will work better as I try to get some games working in Wine. Guild Wars installed flawlessly using PlayOnLinux, and seems to be working upon initial tests. The only thing I miss is that in KDE, my editor stays in the foreground when I right-click a Picasa photo for the link, and now I have to switch back and forth again. Oh well, what's a little more clicking per post, other than carpal tunnel?

No comments:

Post a Comment