Thursday, August 12, 2010

Research

Checking things out before my trip to Menards this weekend for supplies. I came across this guy's site (can't believe I haven't seen it before, though I had seen pictures of the Cenobite mod). His work logs are a great read. The small "shuttle-like" ones he did are interesting to me from a technical perspective, as he built them from scratch much like I plan to do. I got some great ideas from this and plan to rip them off completely incorporate some of them into my mod. Other than that, while the results are very nice and clean, they look like little more than slick little black boxes. (No offense intended; they are awesome mods, just very minimalistic compared to what I'm going for.)

The Cenobite mod is amazing. This is where Troy comes through as a true artist. I had seen pics elsewhere on the web (a few years ago, probably around the time it was originally finished), but hadn't read the worklog or seen the details. Amazing work. Very inspiring. I see that he has it up for sale now; $50k isn't such a bad asking price for a unique work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment