Saturday, August 21, 2010

Starting the frame

I was a little peeved to discover that the mini chopsaw won't even do the 1/2" stock...not at a 45 degree angle, anyway. So, screw it; I went to Menards and got the 8-1/4" one they had on sale for $40.



It's not bad. The only (minor) problem is that 8-1/4" is a somewhat non-standard blade size, so my choices are kind of limited. I got the only one they had at Menards with more than 40 teeth for $11. I still came out ahead of getting a $75 saw +$5 blade. Got it set up and started cutting pieces.



After cutting out all 12 posts, I had a fair bit leftover. That's good, because I'll need some for drive brackets and such. I did a whole shitload of filing and test-fit the bottom together.



That's where I'm at this very moment. Next, I'm going to cut out the mesh for the bottom so I can start assembling the frame.

By the way; sorry for the small pics. I found that Vignette (for Android) is 10x better than the stock Droid camera app, but I need to get the paid version for higher-res. Will probably do that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment